A Super Easy and Super Yummy “Princess” Treat
A favorite dessert item at the Princess Baby Shower, these little bites of creaminess were gone before the shower was over! I thought I’d share their simple recipe with you today. I think they would be a perfect addition to any Princess themed event!
I found the original recipe on Kraft’s site. My Princess Pearls are actually Kraft’s Nilla-Strawberry Cookie Balls’ recipe altered just a smidge. I think a Princess Pearl is a much better name than a Nilla-Strawberry Cookie Ball. What do you think?
Regardless, if you’d like to check out their page, which includes nutritional information please find it below.
Here’s how I made them.
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread, softened
50 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-2/3 cups) I used Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers and thought they tasted great!
4 drops of red food coloring
12 ounces of pink chocolate
Wilson White Sparkling Sugar
How to make our Princess Pearls
- Mix the cream cheese, crushed cookies and drops of red food coloring.
- Roll about a 1/2 inch ball. (Kraft suggests a one inch ball but I think they’re a bit too big.) Lay each ball on a cookie sheet lined in wax paper.
- Freeze 10 min.
- Melt your pink chocolate and dip the balls in the chocolate.
- After dipping each ball place it back onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle it with the sparkling sugar. I love the touch of Pixie Dust!
- Once your pearls are all dusted with sugar, place them in the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened.
It’s that simple! Enjoy!