Do you have a “Miles from Tomorrowland” fan living in your home? Well I have a sneak peek for you to share!
Disney Junior is ready to blast off three new episodes of “Miles from Tomorrowland” this Friday, March 20th! The episodes will air back to back starting at 9:00 am ET/PT on Disney Channel as part of Disney Junior’s exciting “Triple Play Friday” event taking place each Friday throughout the month of March.
Below is the information provided to me to share with you courtesy of Disney Junior!
“Happy Captain’s Day / Planet of the Plants” premieres at 9:00 AM ET/PT on Disney Channel. This episode will kick off the special Friday “Miles from Tomorrowland” event! Here’s a sneak peek of the episode!
In an effort to give Captain Phoebe a wonderful Captain’s Day, Miles, Loretta and Leo embark on a nearly impossible space-task. Then, during a mission to Antheia, a planet completely covered with orange plants, the Callistos discover something stranger than the plants.
Here’s another peak at the Captain’s Day special episode!
The second episode in the “Miles from Tomorrowland” line up is “Ride of the Quarkons / Downsized.” It premieres at 9:25 AM ET/PT on Disney Channel.
The Callistos encounter a pod of Quarkons blocking the Photon Superhighway. Then, when the Callisto family is accidently shrunken down by the Tomorrowland Mail-alien, the tiny family must work together to help Merc save an off-course starship.
The last episode “To the Goldilocks Zone / Hiccup in the Plan” premieres at 9:50 AM ET/PT on Disney Channel.
Miles helps scout out the perfect planet for his Earth friend Haruna to live on. Then, the Callistos must figure out how to escape when a giant Sporjot alien swallows the Stellosphere.
Thank you again to Disney Channel Media Relations for supplying me with the great video clips and content I was able to share with you today!
Have a ‘blastastic’ weekend everyone and I hope your kids enjoy the shows!
Looking for a simple St. Patrick’s Day themed craft to make with your little Mouseketeer?
This week I made these Mickey and Minnie Mouse inspired over-sized magnets with a great group of 1st and 2nd grade students. The kids proudly constructed their projects in just over a half hour and I’m thrilled to report that their was little clean up left behind! With the use of glue dots and adhesive-backed foam, there were no sticky tables, fingers or clothing!
Today I’ll share with you the simple craft tutorial, including a list of supplies and a printable template for you to use with your children.
- One 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of black craft foam (This will be enough for two sets of Mickey and Minnie magnets.)
- One 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of green craft foam (You’ll only us about a quarter of this sheet.)
- One sheet of adhesive-backed white craft foam (the smallest size sheet you can find will work)
- Glue Dots Adhesives (I purchased the above package for the class to use and each child used one sheet to make the two magnets.)
- Hole Punch
- Four 1/2″ self adhesive round magnets (two for each mouse)
- Template ~ Here’s a PDF of the template I made for the kids to use. It was drawn quickly by an unsteady hand, so no judging people.
St. Patrick’s Mickey and Minnie Template
- Print out the template on card stock.
- Cut the four images out
- On the black foam, trace the rectangular image once and the Mickey image twice, then cut them out.
- On the green foam, trace the bow and hat image and cut them out.
- Using a standard hole punch, punch approximately 15 pieces of the white foam.
- To create the Mickey inspired magnet, attach the hat onto the Mickey by using a few of the glue dots.
- Add the black rectangular piece to the green hat with two glue dots.
- To create the Minnie inspired magnet, stick the fifteen white foam punches onto the green bow simply by peeling the backing off of the white foam. Don’t you love self adhesive!
- Secure Minnie’s bow onto her black foam head with the use of a few glue dots.
- Flip Mickey and Minnie over and add a magnet to each ear. Again, just peel the paper off and stick them to the foam.
That’s it! Throw away the peeled away paper and you’re done cleaning up!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!