During the next three weeks I will be sharing some simple and inexpensive Disney – inspired craft ideas that are perfect for preschool and early elementary age children. I completed each of these crafts with a fun group of 1st and 2nd grade students and they’ve proved that the projects can be completed in less than an hour!
Today’s craft is Bottle Cap Jewelry.
- White card stock
- Glue Stick
- 1 inch circle hole punch
- 1 inch Bottle caps with loop (I used Darice brand- note, that the size of the loop was not consistent and some of the loops broke, so I’d recommend purchasing from a craft store so you can inspect them before purchase.)
- 1 inch Epoxy stickers (I used Beadaholic brand.)
- Silkies brand necklaces and bracelets (The simplicity in using these necklaces with young children was wonderful!)
- Craft beads (If you choose to use Silkies brand necklaces and bracelets, purchase craft beads with a wide opening to fit over the end.)
Tutorial: (I’d recommend completing steps 1 & 2 before starting the project with the kids.)
- Google images of your child’s favorite Disney characters, for example “Disney’s Frozen characters.” Pick out a clear image of the characters faces and save them to your computer. (Note: The images are most likely copyrighted images from Disney so make sure you are using them for personal use only.)
- Import the image into Microsoft Publisher and resize the character image so that the face is no larger than 1 inch. Print your images out on card stock.
- Using a 1 inch circle hold punch, create the circle images for the inside of the bottle caps by punching the images from the printed card stock.
- Apply glue to the back of the 1 inch circle card stock with the character image.
- Center the image on the bottle cap using the loop as the top of the image.
- Place an epoxy sticker on top of the image.
- String the beads and bottle caps onto the necklace or bracelet.