Happy 54th Anniversary Walt Disney’s 101 Dalmatians!
Last night my family and I celebrated this classic family friendly movie during our weekend moving night. Watching fashion-forward Cruella and the adorable spotted puppies, on their wild adventure through London, brought so many smiles and laughs (some of them full belly, I might add) that it’s hard to believe this film was release to theaters over five decades ago!
Of course, with every Disney themed movie night, one MUST have character-inspired treats! Should we go Villain or Hero?
These Cruella de Vil and her captured puppies cupcakes are super simple to make and I think, look fantastic! Want to see how I created Cruella’s infamous hair? You can find my tutorial here.
Here’s a healthier alternative to cupcakes and they pay tribute to Dalmatian heroes, Pongo and Perdita! Dalmatian Tails (white chocolate covered bananas) are so easy to make!
To make this tail-waging treat, you need these three ingredients:
- White chocolate melts
- Candy sticks
- Cut your bananas in half and insert sticks in the bottom.
- Place the bananas on a wax-lined cookie sheet.
- Put the cookie sheet with bananas in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Melt your white chocolate in a shallow pan that you can roll your banana in or a deep enough cup that you can dip the entire banana directly into cup.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and dip or roll each one in the bananas in the melted chocolate until their covered.
- Place them back on the wax-lined cookie sheet and place them in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
- Enjoy! If you’re not ready to eat them, keep the “Dalmatian Tails” in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until later that day.