“Go On. Go On. Have a Bite.”
National Apple Month begins on September 1st and goes all the way through the month of November. I’m not quite sure how this came to be, since it’s actually THREE months long! Regardless, this week I thought I’d share a few “Disney” apple treat ideas that you can make with your children during this three-month long celebration. The ideas will be super easy to make and the kids will love to “help”.
To start the week, of course I had to recreate the most famous Disney Apple! The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs said it best when she said, “This is no ordinary apple, it’s a magic *wishing* apple.”
I suggest that we “wish” that they’d be calorie free , but alas it’s a cupcake apple, so our wish would not come true. I promise you that if you wished for them to be easy to make, then your wish is granted.
Decorating Items Needed:
- red icing
- red sprinkles
- pretzel sticks
- green taffy
To Decorate the Cupcakes:
- Ice your cupcake with red icing.
- Cover the cupcake icing with red sprinkles.
- Break a pretzel stick in half. Insert one half of the stick, broken side down, into the center of the cupcake. Make sure it’s partly sticking out.
- Cut a triangle shape out of a piece of green Taffy. Attach the triangle shape Taffy to the bottom of the pretzel stem.
- Repeat the above steps for the rest of your cupcake bushel.
If you like to limit your child’s intake on sweets, pin this idea for a later date. The Evil Queen’s Apple could easily be used as a special treat during a Princess themed birthday party or a Disney Villain Halloween party.
The apples in our yard still have a long way to go before picking!